Saturday, May 14, 2011

TKAM: Journal #4 Chapters 13-15 Perspective of Aunt Alexandra

Dear Diary,

      I arrived at Atticus' house today. I will be living with them for a while, to help him out with Jeremy and Jean Louise, because Atticus has been so preoccupied with his trial. I know Jm is fine but Scout desperately needs a woman figure in her life, to compensate for her mother's absence. My poor brother has so much to handle, but I know I will be a great help to him. At first the children seemed shocked and not particularly excited to have me staying with them, but that is already starting to change. I know we will get along just fine, especially Jean and I. I am going to teach her to be more lady like and respectful.

      I have already been making a great impact on their lives, I have been filling them in on the Finch family history and encouraging them to try and live up to their name. This is one thing Atticus has not done a good job of teaching them. I have so much to improve about my niece and nephew, I am quite excited to see the two of them learn from me, it is the least I can do for my poor brother. I know if his children acquire good manners and are respectful and well behaved it will help his reputation be restored. Even if he doesn't seem to care about it much now, I know he will thank me later. Also, the way they behave right now is quite shameful to the family.

      I could not believe what emerged from Jean Louise's mouth today. While Atticus was gone they went to a black church with Calpurnia. What shocked me even more was that Atticus thought nothing of it. I know he is a great father, but sometimes he has no sense of what is bad for his children! Then she asked if she could go to Calpurnia's house sometime and I told he that she could not. She disrespectfully stated that the question was in no way directed towards me. Atticus extracted an apology from her, but I know she had no intention of saying sorry or for that matter never disrespecting me again. Calpurnia is clearly not a good influence for the children! I tried to convince Atticus that with me around there was no need for Calpurnia's presence. The idea was unimaginable to Atticus. He needs to know that as long as I am staying in his house helping out, my ideas must be considered.

    

    

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading out of Aunt Alexander's perspective.
    Make sure you read over your work because there are some missed spelled words and names, in the first and 3rd paragraph. Really good job over all, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked how you sounded just like aunt alexandra and you worded things as she would say them. good job! also, the vocab words fitted in perfectly(:

    ReplyDelete