Sunday, May 1, 2011

TKAM: Journal #2 Chapters 4-8 Perspective of Ms. Maudie

Dear Diary,
  
       It has been a lovely summer, and I am sad to watch it fade away. I spent most of the summer in my garden tending god's beautiful plants, and baking cakes for the Finch children. I've grown very close with Scout Finch. While her brother and Dill tormented my yard, we sat on the porch, teetering in our rocking chairs, enjoying the fresh summer air almost every evening. I do love Scout. She's not an ordinary little girl, she has a mind of her own an an imagination the runs free like the wind. Her mother died when she was very young and I think she needs a woman figure in her life. Atticus is a great father, but no man could fill the place of a little girl's mother. Scout seems so enamored by my speech, it's quite funny. Maybe I can teach her, she does have one dirty little mouth.
                                                    
                                                                   * * * * * *

       It's snowing in Maycomb county, hasn't snowed here since 1885. The children even got to miss school, Scout and Jem spent most of their day off building a fabulous snow man! I know I should be more excited about this spectacular weather, but now it's too cold to be outside and I can't stand staying in this big old house all day.  It seems to fall apart more with each step I take.

                                                                    * * * * * *
  
      I'm currently staying with Miss Stephanie Crawford, I have to evade telling her my cake recipe you will not believe what disasters took place today. God sure did take it serious when I complained about my house! A fire that jumped around the neighborhood, started at my house and it burned the old place down to ashes. It was terrifying. The whole neighborhood was out side watching, all the men were  trying to save as many things as possible. I've never seen anything so malignant, it destroyed everything in it's path, it was pure tyranny. But, I've been trying to look at the situation in a positive light, it's a fresh start. I've been wanting a new house for a long time now, I just didn't expect to need one anytime soon. Maybe this is a sign, certainly a forceful one. Well, I hope everything works out well and I'm thankful to have such supportive neighbors. Thank you for listening diary, I don't know what on earth I would do without you.

2 comments:

  1. You did a really good job writing in the perspective of Ms. Maudie.I liked how you added your thoughts about situations in the book, but made it up, like how you enjoyed spending time with Scout, and how you were kind of like a mother to her. Great Job :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love how you used a lot of detail and you really showed that it was from Ms. Maudie's perspective. also, you used the vocab words very well ! good job !

    ReplyDelete