Thursday, February 3, 2011

NAME:Noemi DATE:2/2/11 TITLE:Go Ask Alice TIME:1HOUR AUTHOR:Anonymous PAGES:1-53 TOTAL PAGES THIS WEEK:53

    While Alice was visiting her grandparents over summer, she had many new experiences. She went from LSD to speed, within a few weeks! She also lost her virginity while on acid, and not to her dream boy Roger! Now Alice is back at home and she has to take sleeping pills and tranquilizers every night, but she isn't doing any serious drugs.
    I think Alice needs a good influence in her life, because Roger is going away to military school and she has no one to talk to. I'm afraid she is going to start using drugs again as soon as she finds someone at home who does them. Alice is very easily influenced and she acts on impulses, so I know if she is offered drugs she will use them.
    After reading the first 50 pages I am already very attached to the main character and I'm worried she is going to begin relying on drugs to stay interested in life. This book is very interesting, because I can relate to a lot Alice's thought and feelings as a teenage girl. She talks about boys, family and friends. By reading this book it almost feels like I know her. 

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with what you said about that Alice needs a good influence in her life. She has found Chris, but from what I have read so far, she doesn't seem much better than the kids at Alice's grandparents. Beth seemed like a great friend and a good influence. I'm sad they don't hang out anymore! It's too bad Beth found a boyfriend and new friends at the Jewish camp because now she has no more time for Alice. Great post, thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete