Thursday, February 10, 2011

NAME: Noemi DATE:2/10 TITLE: Go Ask Alice TIME: 2 HOURS AUTHOR: anonymous PAGES 53-106 TOTAL PAGES THIS WEEK: 53

Explain how the author creates suspense in this book:

    This book is very exciting, because there is always something new going on. It never stays on the same topic for too long. I think this is because it is a diary, so instead of describing her whole day she just skips to the important parts. Also it is a very intense subject which makes it even more suspenseful! One day Alice is on probation one day and the next she is running away with some kids she just met. Sometimes I think the book might even be too suspenseful, because I barley get to soak in one exciting event before a new one has come along.

     Make up a motto that one of the characters seems to live by. How and why does this fit the character?


    If I had to make up a motto for how Alice lives it would be, stay high 'till I die. This is because Alice's life has begun relying on drugs. She doesn't feel herself except when she is high and she thinks that it is the only way to enjoy life. She doesn't care about the consequences of her actions and she lives for the moment. It almost seems like Alice doesn't care about anything except drugs, she doesn't even seem to care about staying alive anymore. I know that if Alice doesn't become clean, her addiction is going to cost her her life. 


 Make up a motto that one of the characters seems to live by. How and why does this fit the character?


    My least favorite character in the book is Alice. She is hurting her family and all the people around her, but she doesn't care. She uses her addiction as an excuse to do drugs and I know she could've stopped if she asked for the help that she needed. I wish Alice would at least feel sorry for all the pain she is causing her family! I know everyone wants to rebel from their parents, but Alice is going beyond rebelion. I feel sorry for her but, a lot of this is her fault. She has gone way too far with drugs and now it is too late to turn back! I have never read a book where the mane character was my least favorite. It is a whole different experience when you have little sympathy for the person you are reading about. If Alice were my daughter I would regret bringing her into this world. I can't even imagine what her parents are going through!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is also the first time that I have read a book where I don't like the main character as much as the other characters! It really does feel different when I read a book and I don't agree with the main characters actions. I think that another reason for the book being so suspenseful is that Alice's life is always constantly changing from being good to very bad. Alice also seems to be so much happier when she is off drugs. I don't understand why Alice does drugs because whenever she does them, she always just makes her life worse. I know that she likes to do drugs because they make her feel happy, but I think it's really just a fake happiness and she only experiences it for a short period of time! I also agree with how you said that you wish Alice could feel sorry for what she is doing to her parents. It seems as if she really only cares about her family when she is not doing drugs. I wish that she would stay off of them for good. I enjoyed reading about your feelings for the book! It's nice to know that we both feel the same way about Alice! :)

    ReplyDelete