Saturday, September 18, 2010

Journal Entry - Curly's Perspective

Dear diary,

    Today I got in a fight with that big old Lennie. Me and Slim was arguing, him telling me to watch my wife talking about her as if she is a dog I needed to keep on a leash. It didn't bug me much I knew he was just jealous, but when I looked over and saw that giant bastard laughing at me I decided to teach him a lesson! So I leaned over slashed him across the face. He was bleeding everywhere, I kept going at him but the idiot wouldn't make a move. I could hear George yelling at Lennie, telling him to defend himself. He just stood there confused, not knowing what to do. Finally as I was getting ready to take a hit he reaches out and grabs my fist. His huge powerful hand swallowed mine and crushed it, I could feel every bone in my hand breaking. I looked up at him pleading for mercy, but he just stood there with a scared look on his face. Everyone surrounded Lennie making him let go, finally he did. I fell to the ground, my hand was in an excruciating amount of pain. George was trying to defend Lennie, saying it wasn't his fault. Then he says to me, "if you don't tell anyone what Lennie did, I wont tell anyone how Lennie crushed you." I said yes to this deal, I don't want anyone finding out because it would kill my reputation.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this entry because you can really get a feel for the character's personality. I can tell Curly isn't the nicest guy, and he had a reputation to meet. I also really liked the description you used when explaining Curly. That, and the slaying you used made it really convincing you were actually him. Next time I would just try to remember to make it 3 paragraphs.
    Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on this journal entry its really good and you can tell you really know all the characters and what's going on in the book so far. I think there is nothing to fix except maybe what Francessca said about putting them into 3 different paragraphs. Otherwise, great work Noe!

    ReplyDelete